ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Reason" <matt.rea...@movielink.com>
Subject RE: Difficulty with "unless" attribute
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:57:30 GMT

in the main build.xml, load that property file.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurer, Justin [mailto:jmaurer@defywire.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 8:40 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Difficulty with "unless" attribute

Greetings,

	Much FAQ-reading and Google searching has led me here. I'm
having some difficulty with the "unless" attribute of the <target> task.
I have a target, currently named init, with the sole purpose of setting
a property to be used as a buildstamp. Presently, it looks like this:

<target name="init" unless="buildstamp>
	<tstamp>
		<format property="buildstamp" pattern="yyyyMMdd-HHmm"/>
	</tstamp>
	<property name="buildstamp" value="blah"/>
</target>

(the <property name...> doesn't affect the results - i put it in just to
be sure the property was being set...). I can refer to ${buildstamp}
later in the file, once this target has been executed, but this target
_keeps_ getting run, and buildstamp keeps getting changed (the
lowest-level module we have depends on init, other resources depend on
this module..).

Thanks for any assistance, my sincerest apologies if I've asked a silly
question (I checked the FAQs!)!

Justin Maurer
Software Configuration Engineer
Defywire, Inc.