ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Chmura" <B...@Explosivo.com>
Subject RE: Problem with FixCRLF
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 01:21:20 GMT
Okay well, that's both good news and bad news...

Good that I know where the problem lies...

Bad that I don't have any real way of telling what the file is ahead of
time...  Well, not exactly - It is in the header of the html file...
Well, for my next trick I will be figuring out a way to do that on the
fly!

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be open

Thanks for the feedback!

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 8:04 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Problem with FixCRLF

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:12 am, W. Sean Hennessy wrote:
> I'll wager the fixcrlf task is not multi-byte char set capable.

I'll take that wager :-)

The fixcrlf task is multi-byte capable but, as Antoine stated, you need
tell it the encoding used for the files to be processed. The encoding
attribute allows you to specify this and it defaults to the platform
default
encoding, which in many cases is not multi-byte. This has been available

since Ant 1.5

Conor