ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <>
Subject Re: Custom data type problem
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 18:33:24 GMT
So is this definately a bug?  From what we have been able to demonstrate
(if you follow the examples in this thread), addText() is called
correctly sometimes but I found a case where it does not seem to be
called correctly.  I am not sure that I can put together a patch but, I
can open a bug report, if it is a bug.

>>> 05/12/03 01:17PM >>>

Interesting bug report - definitely seems like we need to adjust when
addText is called and bump it before addConfiguredXXX.

Can you offer a patch to fix this?  At the very least, could you file
this as a Bugzilla issue so we will have it on file?

The good news is there is a workaround.

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 12:44  PM, Tony Thompson wrote:

> I am not having an issue with multiple values.  I was just saying
> couldn't do something like this:
> <data id="fred">Value 1.</data>
> because I need to be able to keep track of individual values, like
> this:
> <data id="fred">
>    <value>Value 1.</value>
>    <value>Value 2.</value>
>    <value>Value 3.</value>
> </data>
> I can keep track of the individual values without an issue.  The
> problem is when I addConfiguredValue() to "data", the addText()
> of "value" hasn't executed yet so, addConfiguredValue() thinks the
> "value" is null.  The modified example that I sent demonstrates the
> issue.  If I hold on to "value" until later, addText() has been
> and it works.
> Tony

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: