ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <tony.thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject Custom data type problem
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 19:09:20 GMT
I created my own custom data type that handles a data type that looks
something like this:

<mytype>
    <attribute>
        <value>Value 1</value>
        <value>Value 2</value>
    </attribute>
</mytype>

My "Value" class has the following methods:

{
    public void addText( final String text ) {
        m_value.append( text );
    }

    public String toString() {
        return m_value.toString();
    }
}

My "Attribute" class has a method to add configured "Value" objects:

    public final void addConfiguredValue( final Value value ) {
        m_values.add( value.toString() );
    }

When I call value.toString() at this time, Value.addText() has not been
invoked yet so the string is empty.  I thought that the
addConfiguredXXX() methods were supposed to add already configured
objects.  What should I change to make this behave properly?

I am using version 1.5.3.

Thanks.
Tony