ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jython <script>
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 06:24:30 GMT
On Tue, 27 May 2003, Sebastien Blanc <Sebastien.Blanc@alcatel.com>
wrote:

> does anybody know of an equivalent of the javascript
> projName.getUserProperty / projName.createTask calls for jython

Without trying and being the Python neophyte I am, I'd expect them to
simply look the same as in JavaScript (without the semicolon at the
end).

All the objects exported to JavaScript should also be exported to
Jython.

> seems to me that waitFor is interesting to use when the condition is
> set internally to the ANT system with parallel although when it is
> an external condition (for instance looking up a log file for an
> expected trace) I don't find any solution.

It really depends on the "external" condition.

<waitfor> combined with a <socket> condition works great to wait for a
server to become available.  Looking for an expected trace is harder,
because none of the built-in conditions will do.  Writing a
<filecontains> condition may be better than scripting - except that it
requires patching Ant's classes to use it (even in CVS HEAD, but that
is hopefully going to change RSN).

Stefan