ant-user mailing list archives

From "Johannes Fiala" <>
Subject Building J2EE apps more effectively using ANT
Date Sun, 11 May 2003 07:24:49 GMT
Hi there,

Since it seems to be a frequent topic at this userlist, I wrote a
guideline how to use ant to build J2EE apps (WAR files) more effectively.
The guideline is extending the Application Developer Guide (written for
Tomcat 4.x) by Craig regarding build topics.

I've included the following topics, which have been of essential
importance to me:
*) using a central JAR library to copy from within your individual
*) deploying to different locations (development, test environment,
production) or to different J2EE-container versions (e.g. TC 4.1.24, TC
5.0.1, Resin, ...) or both of them easily.

I hope this helps everybody involved with build management issues. Further
suggestions are welcome!