ant-user mailing list archives

From mark.rus...@pncbank.com
Subject Checking the status of a list of machines
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 14:43:45 GMT
I am in the process of building a generic deployment process that uses ant.
All of the J2EE developers will use this process to deploy their code to
test, QA, and production Environments.
One of my tasks is the ability to check the status of the machines I am
going to deploy to before I start the process.
The user is going to give me a list of machines that they are going to
deploy to and I need to check each machine on that list.  How do I do this?

user 1 example input:
<pnc>
 <build>
  <config>
    <deploymachines>test1,test2,webtest1,webtest2</deploymachines>
  </config>
 <build>
<pnc>

user 2 example input:
<pnc>
 <build>
  <config>
    <deploymachines>ejbt1,ejbt2,webtest1,webtest2</deploymachines>
  </config>
 <build>
<pnc>

What I want to do is run a task that will (Order is not important)
(with user 1 input)
check test1
check test2
check webtest1
check webtest2

(with user2 input)
check ejbt1
check ejbtt2
check webtest1
check webtest2

Any help will be greatly appreciated both in the ant tasks and the way to
give the input to the ant script.

Mark Russell
PNC Financial Services Group
412-768-9603