ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: URGENT:Issue with compiler !!!
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 16:05:41 GMT

The -X options are non-standard and subject to change without notice.

Hth,
Martin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wax, Michael (NBC)" <Michael.Wax@nbc.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 11:59 AM
Subject: RE: URGENT:Issue with compiler !!!

The number of classes (150) is small; I have worked on cases with over 1000
classes with no problems.

You say that you can compile one folder at a time.  Are all of your classes
in one source tree with a single root node?  I have worked on a legacy
project where the source was broken into several separate trees.  In this
case, my build file contained several javac elements, each with its own
srcdir attribute (and with the classpath for each containing references to
the destdirs of the earlier javac elements). Alternatively, I think a single
javac element with multiple nested src elements would have done the job.

In other words, for the case where there is one tree src1.com.x1.y1, then
<javac srcdir="src1" ...> works;
if there are multiple trees src1.com.x1.y1, src2.com.x2.y2, ..., then I need
<javac srcdir="src1" ...>
<javac srcdir="src2" ...>

or
<javac ...>