ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steffen Schluff" <schl...@oio.de>
Subject AW: make ant ignore forked thread
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 12:13:10 GMT
Hi Jens,

I know exactly what you when and definetly do agree with you (no need to use
shell scripting as workaround for a 'simple' java call).

But as far as I know there is currently no way to do this using 'pure' ant.
Unfortunately I'm not aware if this could easily implemented or if this
feature is planned respectively. Maybe someone else can comment on this?

Best regards

Steffen Schluff
Orientation in Objects GmbH
http://www.oio.de

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jens Skripczynski [mailto:skripi-lists@myrealbox.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2003 12:49
An: Steffen Schluff
Cc: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: Re: make ant ignore forked thread

Hi Steffen,

I wanted to run tomcat just using the <java> task, as the exec task
limits me to the os specific commands (for tomcat startup.(bat|sh)).

But actually I can specify everything comcat needs inside one <java> task
(with classpath, properties...), thus using ants ability to hide the OS from
the script (i'm lazy).

So it seems, that currently the <java> task does not support to detach (?) a
thread | forked jvm, it has started ?

To me it seems a great feature, having a single startup ant-script for a
java
based server.

Is it possible to add an additional tag to the <java> task like
'daemon="yes"' needing 'fork="yes"'. Ant is supposed to start the jvm and
'forget' about it.

Steffen Schluff:

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi-lists(at)myrealbox(dot)com

In this world there are only two tragedies; one is not getting
what one wants, the other is getting it.
                                  -- Oscar Wild