ant-user mailing list archives

From "W. Sean Hennessy" <shenne...@goldenhourdata.com>
Subject RE: JAR Manifest.mf
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 17:23:55 GMT
<Question>what is the purpose of manifest.mf ?</Question>
<Answer>
Generating a Bill of Materials as an artifact to satisfy a build
verification requirement might be facilitated by the jar manifest file.
</Answer>

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Oatham [mailto:matthewoatham@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 6:55 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: JAR Manifest.mf

Hi,

when debugging my build file I notice that whenever using the JAR task I get
the following messages:

      [war] File C:\WorkArea\CVSArea\Releases\assetserver_5.14.webclient.war
includes a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF which will be ignored. To include this file,
set filesetManifest to a value other than 'skip'.

My question is - what is the purpose of manifest.mf ? What needs to go in
there and what baring does it have on WAR / JAR files?

Cheers.