ant-user mailing list archives

From "W. Sean Hennessy" <shenne...@goldenhourdata.com>
Subject RE: New to Ant
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 18:39:21 GMT
Hi David,

Recommend you get more info on the problem.
turn on debug and capture the output to logfile
 with "-debug -logfile dmitchell.log" added to your ant command line.
examine the dmitchell.log in text editor.

Regards,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: David Mitchell [mailto:dmitchell@oproma.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 10:51 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: New to Ant

Hi Eveyone,

I'm new to Ant and actually had it working without a hitch a few days
ago.
Now when I go back to build the same project that I had it working with
previously I get some strange behaviour.

When I go to the dir where my Java source and build file is on the
command line and enter the command "Ant", instead of the source building
like it was previously, I instead a list of commands that are available
to the Java compilier, as if I was trying to run javac. Same thing if I
run Ant with various commamd switches such as Ant -v.

Am I problem missing something fundamental due to my lack of knowledge
of Ant. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Dave