ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bansemir, Carsten" <Carsten.Banse...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject AW: using ANT as "startup" script?
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 15:42:32 GMT
Well, I use the java task to run my programs on different platforms, and yes it's one of the
main pros of ant, i.e the classpath is separated on Windows with ";" and on Unix/Linux with
":" ... ANT itself checks the system that you can run your java app on different machines
... I think there are more pros but I never heard abaout cons ;)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Zhu He [mailto:hez@cisco.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2003 17:33
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: using ANT as "startup" script?

Hi,
I mainly use ANT as build tools (to replace make).  My question is whether
there are people using it as cross-platform "startup" script?
I don't see many people doing it.

I saw there is <java> task in the core task manual.  Can we use ANT to write
cross-platform startup scripts for java applications?
pros and cons?

thanks.

Zhu