ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: load property from refid
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 10:49:17 GMT
On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 06:28  AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 9 May 2003, Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
> wrote:
>
>> you mean execute() not perform()
>
> No, he means perform(), that way the build events get triggered.
> Nobody should ever invoke execute directly.

Oops.. ok.

I rarely invoke tasks in this manner though, and when I have it was to
embed a <java> task inside a custom task to wrap a third-party closed
source tool.  And in that case I didn't want it to appear as though
<java> was being called under the hood so I used execute().  In this
case it seems its ok to call execute.  Am I missing any adverse
side-effects to calling it in this scenario?

Calling perform() from a <script>, though, is the right thing to do -
sorry 'bout that.

	Erik