ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject RE: Removing files with a "~" in their name
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 13:51:05 GMT
Perhaps try
        <delete verbose="true">
            <fileset dir="src">
		  <include name="**/*.java~"/>
		<fileset>
        </delete>
I don't know why your way doesn't work, however.
-----Original Message-----
From: Sauyet, Scott (OTS-HAR) [mailto:Scott_Sauyet@output.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 8:44 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Removing files with a "~" in their name

I seem to be going crazy.  I'm fairly new to Ant, but really find it
useful.

I'm having a simple problem.  Some of the developers on my team are
using
Netbeans, which is adding backup files to the source directory, named,
e.g., "MyClass.java~".  I don't know why the following isn't getting rid
of them:

        <delete verbose="true">
            <fileset dir="src" includes="**/*.java~"/>
        </delete>

I thought there might be some RegEx problem with the tilde, and I tried
escaping it with "**/*.java\~", but that made no difference.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

  -- Scott