ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject running ant under cron
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 14:21:06 GMT
I am trying to run ant from cron to run an automated build script.  The
script runs fine from the command line, but fails under cron.

It is a long, complicated, build script and it makes it all the way
through the actual build even under cron.

However, it next runs the <test> target and here it fails to compile the
test code, exiting with the error

	"Modern compiler not found - looking for classic compiler"

It had no trouble finding the modern compiler during the build phase.
Ironically, this compile is the only compile I do which is NOT forked
(because I want to pull in the junit stuff on the ant classpath).  What
am I doing wrong, or is there a better way to accomplish this whole
thing?

Here is the target that fails:

        <javac srcdir="${dir.src.test}"
                    destdir="${dir.build.test}"
                    debug="on"
                    deprecation="on"
                    optimize="on">
            <include name="**/*.java"/>
            <classpath>
                <pathelement location="${dir.build.java}"/>
                <pathelement path="${java.class.path}"/>
                <fileset refid="globallibs"/>
                <fileset refid="buildlibs"/>
                <fileset refid="testonlylibs"/>
            </classpath>