ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: how to use java.io.File inside script
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 16:26:29 GMT
Hi Manoj,

The methods available are simply those of the respective Java APIs.

You probably want java.io.FileReader instead of File, and for the FileWriter, you need write
not writeLine. Just check the JavaDocs for the classes you import into the script and call
the methods exactly as you would if you were writing Java code.

Hope this helps
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Manoj Sadangi [mailto:msadangi@manh.com]
Sent: 20 May 2003 16:28
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: how to use java.io.File inside script

I am trying to read from a file and checking for a particular string inside
a line .
if the string exist then writing the line to the output file.
        importClass(java.io.File);
        importClass(java.io.FileWriter);
        in = new File("sample.txt");
        outFile=new FileWriter("write1.txt");

what are the methods available for io operation?
I tried readLine and writeLine -- it does not work.

thanks,
manoj