ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <>
Subject RE: JAR
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 14:04:05 GMT
Hi Matthew,

In your specific case, I don't believe the manifest really serves any purpose in a WAR file
as the relevant descriptor is WEB-INF/web.xml.

In an ordinary JAR file, the manifest can include advanced classpath settings, the Main-Class
setting (so you can do java -jar <jarfile>), code signing information, etc. - see the
JDK documentation for more information.

Hope this helps

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Oatham []
Sent: 20 May 2003 14:55
Subject: JAR

when debugging my build file I notice that whenever using the JAR task I get
the following messages:

      [war] File C:\WorkArea\CVSArea\Releases\assetserver_5.14.webclient.war
includes a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF which will be ignored. To include this file,
set filesetManifest to a value other than 'skip'.

My question is - what is the purpose of ? What needs to go in
there and what baring does it have on WAR / JAR files?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message