ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Removing files with a "~" in their name
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 13:49:41 GMT
Check the "defaultexcludes" behaviour of a FileSet. I think you will find therein lies your
problem.

Hope this helps
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Sauyet, Scott (OTS-HAR) [mailto:Scott_Sauyet@output.net]
Sent: 08 May 2003 14:44
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Removing files with a "~" in their name

I seem to be going crazy.  I'm fairly new to Ant, but really find it useful.

I'm having a simple problem.  Some of the developers on my team are using
Netbeans, which is adding backup files to the source directory, named, e.g.,
"MyClass.java~".  I don't know why the following isn't getting rid of them:

        <delete verbose="true">
            <fileset dir="src" includes="**/*.java~"/>
        </delete>

I thought there might be some RegEx problem with the tilde, and I tried
escaping it with "**/*.java\~", but that made no difference.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

  -- Scott