ant-user mailing list archives

From Moole Bhaskara R <Bhaskara.R.Mo...@irs.gov>
Subject RE: How do I encrypt the properties for Ant
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 15:11:38 GMT
Hi,

I found a previous post without any further discussion on this subject.
Anybody has code to use digest to encrypt and decrypt, as suggested in the
following post?

Thanks,
Bhaskara.

PS: Thanks for your suggestion Rob. It does not work for my situation. SCP
is only for secure copying. Command line option is not possible because it
reveals the passwords as well.

List:     ant-user
Subject:  AW: ant build file security
From:     Jan.Materne () rzf ! fin-nrw ! de
Date:     2003-04-30 4:52:18
[Download message RAW]

I can see the problem.
Never used digest, but maybe that scenario works:

	<property name="managerapp.password"
value="GHXLC_digestEncodedPwd_OIWE" />
      <echo file="tmp" message="${managerapp.password}" />
	<java ... Decode the String in file 'tmp' ... />
	<loadfile property="managerapp.password.decrypted" srcFile="tmp" />

But I don¬°=A6t know how to work with digest, so you have to find line 3 for
your own :-)

If it works - let us now.

Jan Materne

------_=_NextPart_001_01C30ED4.47010290--