ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Robert H - MWT" <Anderson.Rob...@menlolog.com>
Subject RE: Rsync task
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 16:14:51 GMT
As far as I know, an rsync task does not exist. An rsync task would be so
nice. If it had an option to run over ssh, that would be even better.

-Rob A

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Martin [mailto:patrick.martin@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 11:12 AM
To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: Rsync task

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of a rsync task out there?

Rsync is a file synchronization tool (http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/
<http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/> ).
It uses include and exclude patterns very similar to ant and I wondered if
anyone ever integrated it nicely (no need for the rsync excutable itself for
example).

I heard of jarsync (http://jarsync.sourceforge.net/
<http://jarsync.sourceforge.net/> ) which is a Java implementation of the
rsync protocol, but I am not sure how stable/complete it is nor if any ant
task is based on it.

Thank you for your comments,

Patrick

Confidentiality Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entiy
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the original recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify
postmaster@sungard.com