ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: ant trgjava 12
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 12:01:55 GMT
> Idea was to provide the simplest way to the developers
> to test their forms. We have many forms each having
> an ID. So if I say "ant test 12" then it starts the testing
> of form that has id 12. But now it seems that I need to
> settle at least with using it like "ant test -Did=12".
> Right! The whole idea was to convert "ant test -Did=12"
> to "ant test 12". Thanks for your comments.

I think there is a problem:
- you can invoke ant with multiple targets
- each target can have (for your idea) different "parameters"

So what does the command mean:
CMD> ant one two three four five

1) Target "one" with parameters "two" ... "five"
2) Target "one" without parameter, target "two" with parameters "three" ...

So you have to define somewhere which targets require which numbers of
parameters.

If you really want that, I suggest writing a starter class (e.g. with
Jakarta-Commons CLI) which
does that job and calls Ant with its -D stuff.

Jan