ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: load property from refid
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 10:54:30 GMT
> I rarely invoke tasks in this manner though, and when I have
> it was to
> embed a <java> task inside a custom task to wrap a third-party closed
> source tool.

I usually use the <java taskname=""/> construct.

> And in that case I didn't want it to appear as though
> <java> was being called under the hood so I used execute().  In this
> case it seems its ok to call execute.  Am I missing any adverse
> side-effects to calling it in this scenario?

mmmh - Task.perform() consists of
	getProject().fireTaskStarted(this);
	maybeConfigure();
	execute();
	getProject().fireTaskFinished(this, null);
Exception handling and handling of UnkownElement. I think usually there are
no
side effects.

> Calling perform() from a <script>, though, is the right thing to do -
> sorry 'bout that.

Everyone can learn something new :-)

Jan