ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lopez, William" <william.lo...@eds.com>
Subject Jar manifest Q's
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 21:49:03 GMT

Hello List:

I have a jar task that needs to use the current manifest file that resides
in PVCS and grabs the class file(s) it needs...it is defined as so:

  <target name="brc-jar1">
     <jar destfile="${brclientapp.work.dir}\CompleteExternalEvents.jar"

manifest="${src.base}\BillReviewClientEar\CompleteExternalEvents\META-INF\MA
NIFEST.MF">
       <fileset
dir="${src.base}\BillReviewClientEar\CompleteExternalEvents\META-INF"
includes="*.xml" />
       <fileset
dir="${src.base}\BillReviewClientEar\CompleteExternalEvents\META-INF"
includes="*.xmi" />
       <fileset dir="${bo.build.dir}\BatchJobs\${brclientapp.dir}"
includes="CompleteExternalEvents.class" />
    </jar>
  </target>

-->Ant updates the manifest with 2 lines of data I don't want:
   Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.5.3
   Created-By: 1.4.1_01-b01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
...any way to eliminate that?

My 2nd issue is that I want the files (*.xml & *.xmi) to exist within the
META-INF directory...how do I do that?

My third and last question: How do I get the class file to be added with the
oringinal directory hierachy, for example the class
CompleteExternalEvents.class should have the structure
com\eds\insurance\regard\billReview\client\application but the new jar
doesn't have this structure.

Thanks,
-Will