ant-user mailing list archives

From Matthias P. <groups.mpat...@gmx.de>
Subject Ant lib vs. Classpath
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 14:07:47 GMT
Hi,

my question is a conceptual one.

Erik and Steve suggest in their (great) book (thanks for it!) not to use the
classpath variable instead of placing libs in the Ant lib directory. I try
to follow their advice where ever possible, but now i am not sure how to do
it.

I am using the ant-contrib and the junit libs. The junit lib is also used by
our developers to test local. Both libs are under version control in PVCS in
a special libary project. I dont want the both libaries to be stored local
in the ant lib directory. They should be identically to the version under
source control.

Is it a good solution to use the classpath here and point to the directory
where ant is saving the libs after retriving it from PVCS.
Or is it better to retrieve it from PVCS ans store them in the Ant lib
directory?
Or should i store them local on our build mashine and additonally in PVCS
and synchronize it manually?

Thanks,
Matthias

Bitte l├Ącheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!