ant-user mailing list archives

From josh <jo...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Class-Path, Manifest.mf and Me
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 22:32:38 GMT
Hi Everyone!

I saw a neat trick in the Batik source where they have a single
batik.jar that contains nothing but a Manifest.mf file that adds the
other 7000 or so batik jars to the classpath.  So I decided to try it
myself, for the reduced number of jars I needed in my application:

<target name="batik-jar">
   <jar destfile="${lib}/batik/mybatik.jar">
     <manifest>
       <attribute name="Class-Path" value="batik-ext.jar batik-dom.jar
batik-css.jar batik-svg-dom.jar batik-gvt.jar batik-parser.jar [full
list trimmed]"/>
     </manifest>
   </jar>
</target>

The ant task runs fine, and gets me a jar with only a Manifest.mf
inside, with these contents:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: batik-ext.jar batik-dom.jar batik-css.jar batik-svg-dom.ja
  r batik-gvt.jar batik-parser.jar batik-script.jar batik-bridge.jar ba
  //etc

Ok, the problem is that it doesn't work.  None of the classes in the
jars listed in the manifest are found.  When I add 'mybatik.jar' to my
classpath and recompile, everything barfs.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

- josh