ant-user mailing list archives

From Milos Kleint <>
Subject Re: executing cvs task from behind firewall advice
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 02:47:13 GMT
James Todd wrote:

> hi -
>    i searched the archives and didn't see a match. apologies if i
>    missed the thread.
>    what advice is there to ant users for issuing the cvs task from
>    behind a firewall ... who typically access the remote repository
>    via runsocks?
>    in perusing the code it looks as though cvs just wraps the exec
>    task (which is a fallback i'm considering) but comments are
>    included indicating thoughts of integrating a cvs package are
>    being considered.

actually some time ago I was thinking about integrating the java cvs
client from Netbeans ( with the cvs target.
Is such functionality really required? the code is release under Sun
Public Licence, is it compatible with the apache licence?

there's a few drawbacks to it though. not all commands are supported,
mainly the ones that modify read-write/read-only access rights. (edit,
unedit command.)

Milos Kleint