ant-user mailing list archives

From M Damon Hill <hwgwl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: perplexing exec mysql problem
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 13:19:28 GMT
Antoine--

Thanks for the tips. I am now using the <sql> task however, a little problem with that
particular task and maybe it is rooted in my very little experience with databases in general.
However, here is the situation.

I am able to successfully create the new database with the 'mysqladmin' command line tool
using the create command. However, that simply creates an "empty" database. Now the sql scripts
that I am wanting to execute on the newly created database, contain all of the information
to "populate" this database with tables, values, users, and what not. Now, the problem with
that as you can probably guess is, when I execute the the <sql> script on the database
and it wants a userid and pass, well I don't have one yet, because the database is clean and
prestine.

Are that any suggestions as to a way around this issue?

Thanks for all the help.

~damon

Antoine Levy-Lambert <levylambert@tiscali-dsl.de> wrote:
2 tips :
- use ant 1.6alpha (nightly builds) . ant 1.6 has an input attribute for
exec, indicating a file from which standard input is taken,
- even better : try to use the task instead of the task to
run your DDL or DML scripts.
can connect directly to the database (through JDBC driver) and
execute whatever SQL statements you want.
Antoine