ant-user mailing list archives

From Douglas Guptill <dgupt...@accesswave.ca>
Subject Re: perplexing exec mysql problem
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 15:38:04 GMT
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 06:19:28AM -0700, M Damon Hill wrote:
> Antoine--
>
> Thanks for the tips. I am now using the <sql> task however, a little problem with
that particular task and maybe it is rooted in my very little experience with databases in
general. However, here is the situation.

> I am able to successfully create the new database with the 'mysqladmin' command line
tool using the create command. However, that simply creates an "empty" database. Now the sql
scripts that I am wanting to execute on the newly created database, contain all of the information
to "populate" this database with tables, values, users, and what not. Now, the problem with
that as you can probably guess is, when I execute the the <sql> script on the database
and it wants a userid and pass, well I don't have one yet, because the database is clean and
prestine.

> Are that any suggestions as to a way around this issue?

Use the sql task, specify user root, use src attribute to point to
sql that creates a new user.

Doug.