ant-user mailing list archives

From M Damon Hill <hwgwl...@yahoo.com>
Subject perplexing exec mysql problem
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 20:02:29 GMT
good day...

I have been working on this now for a couple of hours and can't seem to see the problem with
the code. A little help from some extra eyes would be very appreciative.

I am trying to create a database in mysql and then execute some sql scripts on the newly created
database. All of this of course done using the <exec> task. Here is the code for a couple
of the targets in the build.xml:

<target name="init_db"><!--depends="transform_default_project"-->
  <exec executable="mysqladmin" output="createDB.output">
      <arg line="create ${project.db.name}"/>
  </exec>
  <antcall target="sql_script_1"/>
</target>

<target name="sql_script_1">
  <exec executable="mysql" output="initDB.output">
    <arg line="${project.db.name} &lt; ${sql.dir}/${sql1}"/>
  </exec>
  <antcall target="sql_script_2"/>
</target>

<target name="sql_script_2">
  <exec executable="mysql" output="initDB.output">
    <arg line="${project.db.name} &lt; ${sql.dir}/${sql2}"/>
  </exec>
  <antcall target="sql_script_3"/>
</target>

Now as you can tell the script will first use mysqladmin to create the database. That particular
task executes just fine and creates the databse with no problems. However, whenever I run
the second target, in this case sql_script_1, it does not update the database and the resulting
exec returns a 1.

I can run the same command from the command line on the machine I am testing this script on
and it works properly. The command is:
       mysql project.db.name < path_to_script/sql1

This works fine like I say from the command line but not from inside ant.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for this?? Seen anything like it before??

Thanks in advance!

damon