ant-user mailing list archives

From Jens Skripczynski <skripi-li...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: load property from refid
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 00:01:32 GMT
Hi,

you mean you have files:
file1.properties
file2.properties
file3.properties

and want to load all files with something like:
  <property file="*.properties"> ?

As far as I understand the manual you need to supply some
name for the Property set:
"One of these (value|location|refid) when using the name attribute".

so your code needs to look like:
<property name="xxx" refid="properties.path">

this should make ant happy, but what the refid actually specifies i don't know.

mm:
> I'm trying to load properties from more property files with this:
>
> <path id="properties.path">
>     <fileset dir="somewhere">
>         <include name="**/*.properties"/>
>     </fileset>
> </path>
> <property refid="properties.path">

> Documentation says:
>       refid Reference to an object defined elsewhere. Only yields reasonable
> results for references to PATH like structures or properties.
>
> Ant says:
> You must specify file, resource or environment when not using the name
> attribute
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks for your help
> Mirek Mocek

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi-lists(at)myrealbox(dot)com

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
                                   -- John Lennon