ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject RE: Copying specific files
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 18:41:54 GMT
Ok, so you "know" the source file names with your fileset / mapper
combo. So, why not create a fileset that uses the same fileset and
mapper to create a fileset of destination (pdf) files. The <copy> can
take a fileset for the source files, and you can specify a directory for
the destination.

<copy todir="${DSTDOC/${PRJNAME}">
    <fileset dir="${APPDOCDIR}" include="*.lyx" />
    <mapper type="glob" from="*.lyx" to="*.pdf" />
</copy>

Unless I'm missing something about your environment, this should do it.

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Lakshmi Vempati [mailto:lvempati@cdmtech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 8:44 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Copying specific files

I am putting together a generic build so all our
projects can use it with the least amount of work.
My top level generic build file (which defines all
targets etc) assumes a directory structure. For each
component that is built it looks for the existence
of a 'doc' directory. If it does, it processes all the
lyx files in that directory.

The lyx files are exported to pdf. Likewise if there are
any image files they are exported from eps to pdf.
I want to copy only the exported pdf from lyx to the distribution
directory. The command I am using to generate pdf from lyx
is as follows:

<apply dest ="${DSTDOC}/${PRJNAME}"
         os="Linux"
         dir="${APPDOCDIR}"
         executable="lyx"
         failifexecutionfails="false">
        <arg line="-e pdf2"/>
        <srcfile/>
        <fileset dir="${APPDOCDIR}" includes="*.lyx" />
        <mapper type="glob" from="*.lyx" to="*.pdf" />
</apply>

Though I give a destination directory to the apply task,
the generated pdf still gets placed in the project doc directory.
This is probably related to the fact that the above lyx command does
not take an output directory as argument.
So I have to manually copy it to the distribution directory. Since
I donot know the exact file names I have to again use the wildcard
fileset to copy all pdfs instead of the one I am interested in.
Can I do something different here?

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV wrote:
> How are you specifying the lyx file in the first place?

Lakshmi Vempati                         email:lvempati@cdmtech.com
CDM Technologies Inc                    phone:(805) 541 3750 ext 248
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401