ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject RE: Newbie question
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 18:23:59 GMT
Don't know how to get Ant to kill a running process that it didn't
start, but I do know that you are not the first to have this problem.
Even commercial products like Veritas have problems dealing with .pst
files when performing backups. MS Office uses file locks that prohibit a
lot of file operations, but MS Outlook does some particular nasties that
makes it worse... Just ask my admin! ;)

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Billy Talton [mailto:billy.talton@cornerstone.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 11:00 AM
To: Ant User Group
Subject: Newbie question

Hi all,

 I am trying to write a script for a backup job that will (among other
things) backup a Outlook PST file.  I've a fully functionally script...
However, I am running into a small issue; when Outlook is open, the
scripts
fails with the following error:
"file:c:/tasks/build.xml:37: Failed to copy [filename here] due to The
process cannot access the file because an other process has locked a
portion
of the file."

It would be a headache for me to ensure that Outlook is closed when this
script runs.  Is there any way or target that will kill or halt a
program
while it's files are copied? I'm sure that this has been done before.
Help.
:)

Sincerely,

Billy Talton