ant-user mailing list archives

From dalg...@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Subject Looping over lines in a file
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 01:33:53 GMT

I have an input file I need to process with an ant task.

line1
line2
line3

I need to process each line individually.  That is, massage the line, do
some other internal processing on it, and start a java process with that as
an option.

What is the ant way of doing this?

I've started out with <loadfile/> and <foreach/>, but can't figure out how
to either easily turn EOL into a `,' (portably I might add) or tell foreach
that a newline character is the delimiter.

And apparently I haven't found the good search terms to find anything in
the archives.

Suggestions appreciated,
mrc
--