ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <stock...@magma.ca>
Subject Re: Running junit in Ant
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 23:44:37 GMT
On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 19:00, Yoshimitsu, Stacy D. wrote:

> So, I've looked at option 3 (to remove junit class files from optional.jar).
> I first extracted optional.jar --> remove all junit class files --> jar up
> optional.jar file and places it in Ant/lib directory --> run build.xml and
> got the following message:

> Invalid implementation version between Ant core and Ant optional tasks.
>  core    : 1.5.1
>  optional: null
>
> Does anyone know how I can fix that errors?  How is everyone doing w/ their
> junit test in Ant?  What can I do if I don't want to copy junit.jar file to
> Ant/lib directory?  This is what I have in the build.xml file:

You need to use the manifest that shipped with Ant when you re-jar the
classes. It contains the version of the tasks.

Most people put junit.jar in ANT_HOME/lib, it's by far the easiest.

The other option is to put junit.jar and optional.jar in the <classpath>
of the <junit> target. This can be pain if you want to use optional
tasks in other parts of the build.

The next version of Ant has the optional tasks broken up into separate
jars, for just this situation.

--
Jesse Stockall <stockall@magma.ca>