ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <stock...@magma.ca>
Subject RE: cannot use classic compiler message lisves on
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 21:09:33 GMT
On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 14:08, Johns, D Eric, MAJ, 101ST, EMB, 698-7407
wrote:
> I have not specified anything there -(how do you do this - I have java and
> textpad- no IDE). I have ensured my classpath includes
> %JAVA_HOME%/lib/tools.jar as well....

Your classpath should not have %JAVA_HOME%/lib/tools.jar, in fact your
classpath is best left empty.

Repeating my original questions from my 1st reply:

Can you please confirm the following:
JAVA_HOME is set?
%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar exists?
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javac.exe exists?

Please provide some more details:

Value of %JAVA_HOME%
Version of Ant,
Value of %ANT_HOME%
if you are running Ant 1.5.1 or greater, the output from
'ant -diagnostics' would be useful as well.
The <javac> target from your build file.

--
Jesse Stockall <stockall@magma.ca>