ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eli Tucker" <apache....@nerdmonkey.com>
Subject Creating lists of files in a property
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 04:27:53 GMT
I'm wondering if there is a way to create a list of files in a directory
and store it in a property.

I've seen a solution in the mailing list archives that works for windows
<
http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=user@ant.apache.or
<http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=user@ant.apache.o
rg&msgId=584387> &msgId=584387> but am hoping to find a cross platform
solution.

What I'm trying to do is create a manifest file that lists each JAR file
in my jars directory in the Class-Path value attribute.  For example:

<manifest>
  <attribute name="Main-Class" value="com.somwhere.RB" />
  <attribute name="Class-Path" value="log4j-1.2.8.jar jdom.jar etc.jar"
/>
</manifest>

What I would like to do is replace the Class-Path value with a property
that is created by examining my lib directory.  If I have to, I'll
create a new ANT task.  Just thought I would ask first.  Anyone have any
other ideas?  (Please reply to me as well as the list if possible.)

 Thanks,
 - Eli Tucker

http://nerdmonkey.com <http://nerdmonkey.com/>