ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Mitchell" <dmitch...@oproma.com>
Subject RE: New to Ant
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 14:14:15 GMT
Hey Keith,

Thanks for tip.... I'll have to remember that one.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Hatton [mailto:khatton@axiomsystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 4:20 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: New to Ant

Glad you got it sorted.

For the record, I've seen this (and been very frustrated by it) before.
It's to do with the fact that your CLASSPATH ends in a "\" character.
Somehow by wrapping the classpath in quotation marks, the Ant script
confuses the JVM which considers \" to be an escape sequence for a
quotation mark. Hence the call to java looks invalid and so you get the
standard Java help message.

Anyhow, although it might not be recommended to run Ant with a CLASSPATH
set, yours will work if you just take that last "\" character off the
end of it.

Hope this helps
Keith