ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK1.4.1 and java
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:55:29 GMT
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Markus Dettori <markus.dettori@wuerth-phoenix.com>
wrote:

> To compile it with the jdk1.4.1 javac I decided to call the
> sun.tools.javac.Main directly via a normal java, so I can give some
> extra jvmargs the javac compiler needs to compile our project.

You should be able to send your extra arguments via nested
<compilerarg> elements in <javac>.

> 'cos I get in troubles giving the path and something like **/*.java
> in order to compile all my sources,

Just pointing into the direction I would go: Wrap a <path> around the
<fileset> of sources, use <pathconvert> to make a property from this
fileset using ${line.separator} as separator, write this property to a
file and use javac's @argfile option to avoid command line length
problems.

But then again, I'd fight as hard as I can to stick with <javac>
instead. 8-)

Stefan