ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: java with fork=true produces IOException on UnixProcess.forkAndEx ec on solaris 8
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 07:41:28 GMT
On Tue, 01 Apr 2003, joshua rosenblatt <jrosenblatt@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> however when it forks it is somehow not in group appclrc but
> probably in my primary group which is eq.

Oh, this is an area where Runtime.exec is completely underspecified
IMHO.  You inherit the environment variables when you fork a new
process, but what you say above indicates that you don't preserve your
group identity.

I've just done a simple example[1] and it seems that what you are
experiencing doesn't happen on Linux (tried 1.2.2, 1.3.1 and 1.4.1,
all from Sun), my gid is preserved.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]      <exec executable="/usr/bin/id"/>