ant-user mailing list archives

From Rolf F. Katzenberger <rf...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: splash screen not goig to front
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:27:08 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:34:29 -0000 , Dan Gardner <Dan.Gardner@emap.com>
wrote:

> agree, would be nice, I gave up.
[snip]

setVisible() and toFront() are not *guaranteed* to bring the windows
to the front (see API docs). I've had a similar problem; my suggestion
for a solution:

- derive SplashScreen from JFrame, not from JWindow
- use
	setExtendedState(Frame.ICONIFIED);
	setExtendedState(Frame.NORMAL);

This brings the screen to the front.