ant-user mailing list archives

From johannes.fi...@fwd.at
Subject partially updating a WAR file using Tomcat manager app??
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:47:20 GMT
hi there,

I'm using a bunch of JSPs for each form and view inside a web application.
Currently I compile them using ANT and JSPC and then package them into a
WAR file.
This WAR-file gets deployed using ANT at the tomcat server.

However, if I only change one JSP, it would be desirable to update only
this JSP, instead of uploading the whole WAR file and putting the whole
application down for a moment.

Has anybody solved this problem using the manager app?
Does any J2EE container successfully solve this problem?

thx alot
Johannes