ant-user mailing list archives

From Anton_Gr...@mn.man.de
Subject Antwort: Re: Problem using <copy overwrite="false"> with filterset
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:33:15 GMT

Sorry Stefan,

 I did not realize that the source files must not be newer!

Actually my target files are older than the source files, but
they already exist and must not be overwritten. In my case
it is generated but (maybe) touched source code.

Is there a simple way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Toni

Anton Grimm
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
IDP - Software Produktionsumgebungen
Dachauerstr.667
D - 80995 M√ľnchen

Fon:       +49-89-1580-1054
Fax:       +49-89-1580-911054
mailto:    Anton_Grimm@mn.man.de
Internet: http://www.man-trucks.com

                      Stefan Bodewig

                      <bodewig@apache.o        An:       user@ant.apache.org

                      rg>                      Kopie:

                                               Thema:    Re: Problem using <copy overwrite="false">
with filterset
                      04/11/2003 05:22

                      PM

                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Ant Users

                      List"

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Anton Grimm <Anton_Grimm@mn.man.de> wrote:

> I was trying the following copy-task, but it does not work, i.e the
> files are always copied even when they already exist.

overwrite="false" will only prevent your files from being overwritten
if they not only exist but are actually newer than the sources.

Run 'ant -debug -logfile foo.log' and investigate your logfile.  It is
going to include a list with "Adding baz as it is newer than
/target/baz" that will give you a hint if there are any problems with
your setup.

Stefan