ant-user mailing list archives

From loic.lefe...@bnpparibas.com
Subject Réf. : RE: performance enhancements...
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:32:02 GMT

I've used jikes for developpment, it is about 6 times faster,
but I don't recommend it for production!
For example, the WebSphere Application Server (IBM) doesn't
support the EJB interfaces (Home/Remote) compiled with Jikes (IBM) :-(

Loïc

Extranet
DDevienne@lgc.com - 11/04/2003 17:55

Veuillez répondre à user@ant.apache.org
Pour : user

cc :

Objet :     RE: performance enhancements...

Maybe... Would not be required to do GC as much, if more memory was
required, and just keep on allocating from the Java heap, I'm not
interested
in investigating this. Let us know if you learn anything interesting.

Some people would tell you to use Jikes, which is supposed to be tons
faster, but not me ;-) --DD