ant-user mailing list archives

From philipbor...@discoverfinancial.com
Subject Re: PVCS and CVS
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:56:40 GMT

We had 100s of developers(in different geographic locations) hitting a CVS
box and did just fine.  The box was located in Illinois and I was in Utah
and we had no wan issues, it was pretty fast.  We just switched to a
commercial version management solution (Harvest) and the performance is
horrible.  Also CVS integration with WSAD is top notch.

I think CVS should be just fine.

-Phil

                      "Matthias P."

                      <groups.mpatzak@         To:      "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

                      gmx.de>                  cc:

                                               Subject: Re: PVCS and CVS

                      04/11/03 02:22

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to "Ant Users

                      List"

Hi Stefan,

large means:

50-80 javer developer, 10 reporting developer

Matthias

> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Matthias P. <groups.mpatzak@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone experiences with CVS in such a large project.
>
> How large is large?
>
> Apache httpd, PHP, Mozilla and many other big open source projects use
> CVS.  Sourceforge does ...
>
> Stefan

Bitte l├Ącheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!