ant-user mailing list archives

From loic.lefe...@bnpparibas.com
Subject Réf. : RE: performance enhancements...
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:23:13 GMT

Hemmm,
If you really have a lot of memory you could try
a ramdisk :-)

But make tests before!!! Some ramdisk drivers may erase all your
partitions if the ram to disk option is enabled (ie the function that
reflect
the content of a ramdisk into a file). I suggest you to try it on a disk
with
no data on it, (for example not the C:\)

For your information, I've reduced the build time of a project by 40%
using a ramdisk with *ALL* the required files on it (ant, jdk, sources...).

On the other hand, I've reduced the build time of a project by 92% by
reorganizing the directories... and the build tasks. I confess, it was like
a garbage before ^_^;

Cheers,
Loïc

Extranet
ECiramella@emptoris.com - 11/04/2003 18:10

Veuillez répondre à user@ant.apache.org
Pour : user

cc :

Objet :     RE: performance enhancements...

That's exactly what I was looking for:

  memoryInitialSize="512m"____ results in a build time of 1 min 3 sec
  memoryMaximumSize="512m"
  memoryInitialSize="768m"____ results in a build time of 1 min
  memoryMaximumSize="768m"
  memoryInitialSize="896m"____ results in a build time of 1 min 2 seconds
  memoryMaximumSize="896m"

Since three seconds don't really matter, I'm going to just let it sit at
512.