ant-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Kaegi" <...@brainware.ch>
Subject Strange problem with <arg> tag
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:16:30 GMT
Hi

I try to execute a batch file("foo.bat") from an Ant build script. The
batch file executes a java application.
The java application requires some additional libraries. The libraries are loaded over the
java

classpath option. Now I want specify the classpath using the Ant <arg>
tag.

E.g..

<target name="foo">
        <exec executable="foo.bat">
            <arg line="-cp classes;lib/bar.jar"/>
        </exec>
</target>

foo.bat:

echo %1 %2 %3
rem java -cp 2% foo.Foo

The problem is that something goes wrong with the classpath.
In detail the semicolon between the lib files is missing.

E.g..

java -cp classes lib/bar.jar foo.Foo

in place of

java -cp classes;lib/bar.jar foo.Foo

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. ,

montsie