ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <>
Subject Re: Does ant have c++ support?
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:17:37 GMT
Hello Chris:
This is definitely a question worth thinking about.
All Java apps by design are bytecode implemented within a JVM environment.
C++ environments typically have a build environment that caters to native
The real question you should ask is
"Are there any (JVM to native) C++ Compilers"
and the answer is I havent found any at least not yet..
Anyone else???

----- Original Message -----
From: "chris" <>
To: "Ant Users List" <>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 2:58 PM
Subject: Does ant have c++ support?

I recently attended a talk on using ant in projects, and the speaker
that ant could be used with c++. Is there any way that this is possible
without using the exec task, or did I misunderstand him?
If ant doesnt support c++ would it be difficult to add support, as i like
concpt of ant, but I dont use java for most of my projects.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message