ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Gordon" <tim.gor...@allustra.com>
Subject RE: Uptodate - need some help...
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:20:06 GMT
Once you take it upon yourself create an ANT build, forever will it dominate
your destiny.

It's taken me years (literally) to wean the people I work with off make and
only our recently-refactored ANT scripts. However, this means I've ended up
'owning' the ANT build - build systems are the kind of things people are
only too happy to moan about, yet when it comes to maintaining them that's
your job. Incidentally, code ownership is one of the things that extreme
programming preaches against.

As time's gone by, though, they've come around to ANT as just being loads
better - our make-based system used to take about half an hour to work out
that it had nothing to do. Performance comparisons are the key - living in
the real world of software engineering, the faster you can get your job
done, the better the tools you're using are.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Ciramella, EJ [mailto:ECiramella@emptoris.com]
Sent: 08 April 2003 14:05
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Uptodate - need some help...

I managed to code up a workaround, it's ugly, but it works.

You wouldn't believe the negative feedback that I've been getting about ANT.
Any time someone removes a method from an ejb and the ejbc portion of the
build fails, they think ant is busted somehow.

~sigh~

Is there any way to post this file?