ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Gordon" <>
Subject Usage of ant and antcall tasks
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:20:47 GMT
I've read things recently that state that usage of antcall should be
restricted to calling sections of your build.xml that can be parameterised
(Conor, I think).

That said, it implies that usage of the ant task should similarly be frowned

I'd love to say that one of the targets in my build.xml depends on a task
defined in another build.xml, but the only way open to me seems to be using
the ant task, which is programmatic, rather than declarative.

Is this the only way to specify dependencies on targets in other build.xml
files at the momement? Will we have to wait for Ant2 for this sort of thing?

Tim Gordon

Allustra Limited
1 Royal Exchange Avenue
Tel 020 7464 4190