ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Gordon" <tim.gor...@allustra.com>
Subject RE: JDK1.4.1 and java
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:42:52 GMT
11000 files... yes, that's quite a few...

Taken directory from the ANT manual:

ANT_OPTS - command-line arguments that should be passed to the JVM. For
example, you can define system properties or set the maximum Java heap size
here.

HTH

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Dettori [mailto:markus.dettori@wuerth-phoenix.com]
Sent: 08 April 2003 15:36
To: Ant Users List
Subject: JDK1.4.1 and java

Hi all,

I just ran into problems using JDK1.4.1 and java"c".
The compiler has an Out of Memory exception while compiling a large project
(~11000 files).
This is a problem of our software, definitely! So we used for compiling the
bmj of JBuilder
or jikes under JDK1.3.1.
To compile it with the jdk1.4.1 javac I decided to call the
sun.tools.javac.Main directly
via a normal java, so I can give some extra jvmargs the javac compiler needs
to compile our project.

Anyone tried it yet, 'cos I get in troubles giving the path and something
like **/*.java in order
to compile all my sources, a code snipped would be sufficient.
Any further suggestions ?!

Markus